You made a website, now ready to welcome for the queries. Hey! Wait, no queries. No one can see my website. How do I increase my business?
Before we dive into SEO, it’s interesting to know how it started? The SEO practice we talk about in 2021 was started in the 1990s with the first website launched in mid-1191, or it can be argued that SEO and its practices officially begun with the launch first search engine later around 1997.
1994 – Jerry Wang and David Filo created yahoo.
1996 – Larry Page and Sergey Brin a new search engine called Backrub.
Backrub would ultimately become GOOGLE.
They also co-founded What today we call “SEO (Search Engine Optimization).”
And that’s why SEO is essential. We believe every website owner should have a basic understanding of SEO. Here we have simplified the knowledge of SEO. However, SEO is not as simple nor a one-time deal in this competitive world. SEO must be a regular part of your marketing.
What is SEO?
SEO stands for Search Engine Optimization, a process of increasing quality and quantity traffic to your website. SEO helps to ranks your website or content to rank higher on search engines. And Google is one of the dominant players in all search engines, and it is responsible for the search engine traffic in the world.
How SEO Works?
Now, an interesting question is how Goggle decides which page should turn up in response to the question people look for?
Search engine like Google uses a complex algorithm which has specific rules to determine the query. Then, Google will rank those pages higher with high-quality content and relevant information primarily based on keywords used in the website’s content.
Not only this, Google has additional elements that weigh in ranking the page higher. There are so many other ranking factors, too, like Link Building, Content and Page structure. Google keeps on updating and refining their algorithms in response to the searches. At NexIT, we focus on building SEO friendly websites where we focus on quality content with the relevant keywords.
Keywords Research: Terms people are searching for in search engines are the keywords. So, it’s essential to know what you are optimizing for. However, there are mainly two primary reasons people do keyword research: optimizing the website in google ranking and creating relevant content. Choosing the highly competitive Keyword can bring more traffic, and it’s obvious to gravitate towards such keywords for website ranking. However, your ability to rank for a keyword depends on the competition you’re up against.
On-page Optimization: Now your keywords are sorted, the next step is using the keywords.
Title Tags gives information to search engines on what the website is all about, and for this reason, title tags should be accurate and relevant as per-page content.
Few on-page elements play a role in bringing traffic to the website
- Title tags: Most impactful place to use keywords to get traffic as Title tag is what you see on top of every browser.
- 55-60 characters should be the length of the title tags
- Should describe page content with Targeted Keywords
- Use brand name and location wisely.
Off-page Optimization: At NexIT, we focus 30% on off-page and 70% on on-page optimization.
Off-page optimization deals with improving the rank while going outside the website. It’s very time consuming and gives results in the long term.
Some off-page Ranking techniques would be:
- Adding to blog directories like yellow pages, which links back to the website.
- Linking your website to social media platforms
- Promoting your blogs on famous websites like dig, Reddit is a great way to generate traffic for your website.
Why NexIT Solutions for SEO?
We say, “Your Business Success Story Starts With Us”.
- One of the best reasons to hire us for SEO Services is that we know how to exploit the best tools, strategies, and resources to keep up with the fast-evolving industry trends.
- Search engines like Google, Bing, and Yahoo update their algorithms which sometimes leave business owners struggling.
- Our team of strategists, SEO professionals with more than 15 years of experience know how to expertly optimize all elements of SEO with strategies that are proven to work overtime.
- At NexIT, a good SEO strategy doesn’t limit to an increase in traffic. We also focus on ROI (Return on Investment). To quantify the impact that a website can have on your business, we perform ROI calculations.
(Increase in Revenue – Cost) / Cost = ROI (Return on Investment)
We constantly do our math for you to know how website investment has impacted your business.
Make the Best Choice for Your Company, and we want to make sure every dollar you spend should be an excellent investment for your Business. We provide best SEO services in Melbourne, Adelaide & Perth.
Track your website performance with NexIT